At LAST, OLAGUNJU OJO EMERGES NEW SPEAKER OF OYO ASSEMBLY
Member representing Oriire State Constituency, Oyo State House of Assembly, Mr. Olagunju Ojo has emerged the new Speaker of the Assembly.
The new Speaker is from Oriire State Constituency in Ogbomoso Zone of the State and was unanimously elected following the decision made by the elders in the house made during the executive session.
He was until his new appointment, he has been the minority leader of the House since this legislative term began in 2015.
In a similar development, the Deputy Speaker, Abdulwasi Musah was reelected to maintain his position while Hon. Ademola Akeem Ige representing Ibadan South East constituency 2 has been appointed as the new minority leader of the House.
According to report, below are those that voted in his support before his emergence in that capacity :
1. Hon. Bolanle Agbaje (Ibadan North 1).
2. Hon. Jimoh Akintunde ( Ibarapa North /Central).
3. Hon. Sangodipe Michael (ATISBO/Saki East).
4. Hon. Silas Okunlola (Iwajowa).
5. Hon. Kehinde Hassan Subair (Ibadan South West 1).
6. Hon. Olusegun Ajanaku (Ibadan South West 2).
7. Hon Safiu Olalere (Iddo).
8. Hon Gunju Ojo (Orire).
9. Hon. Azeez Buniyaminu (Ona-Ara).
10. Hon. Akeem Ademola Ige (Ibadan South East 2).
11. Hon Oyatokun Oyeleke (AFIJIO).
12. Hon. Akeem Oladipupo (Ibadan North West).
13. Hon. JOHN Olaleru (Kajola).
14. Hon. WUMI Oladeji Bimbo (Ogbomoso North).
15. Hon. Akande Solomon (Ogbomoso South).
16. Hon. Wasiu Olafioye Akinmoyede (Lagelu).
17. Wahab Muideen Abiodun (Oluyole)
18) Hon. Joshua Oyebamiji (Akinyele 1).
Other thirteen Lawmakers that were reported to have voted against him are :
1. Hon. Olusegun Olaleye
2. Hon. Lukman Balogun
3. Hon. Bolaji Badmus
4. Hon. Peter Oyetunji
5. Hon. Fatai Adesina
6. Hon. Kehinde Oloya
7. Hon. Adeoye Niyi Waheed
8. Hon. Muideen Olagunju
9. Hon. Oguntade Lasun
10. Hon Gbenga Oyekola
11. Hon Afees Adeleke
12. Hon Oseni Abdulganiyu
13. Hon. Musah Abdulwasi